Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account     or connect with   Facebook   or  Twitter

Small scale Zobo production

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 05:38 PM by Victor.)

Overview:
Zobo is a healthy and popular local drink, it is the aim of this model to establish how a Zobo business is started, maintained, grown and improved upon.

Problems:

Objectives:
1. Describe the Production Process
2. Know the ingredients required
3. Know the equipments required
4. Know how much ingredients are required each to produce a particular amount of Zobo.
5. Know the cost of the production process for this unit amount.
6. Create the Business Plan

Tasks:
1. Describe the Production process. Assigned to @Victor
2. List the ingredients used. Assigned to @Victor
3. List the equipments used. Assigned to @Victor
4. Quantify(in grams, litres, module etc) ingredients used to produce a certain quantity .
5. How much are the ingredients, How much are the equipments(if borrowed or if bought).
6. Create the Business Plan. Assigned to @Victor + others
6.1 Describe the opportunity of this Product
6.1.2 Describe the Target Market
6.2 Describe the Execution process of this Product
6.2.2 Describe Operations
6.2.3 Describe  Marketing 
6.2.4 Describe Sales Plan
6.2.5 Describe Distribution
6.3 Describe the Management to be involved for success
6.3.2 Describe Team
6.3.3 Describe Location
6.4 Describe the Finances involved
6.4.2 Describe Personnel Plan
6.4.3 Describe Sales Forecast
6.4.4 Describe Operating Expenses
6.4.5 Describe Profit and Loss statement
6.5 Describe Key Assumptions/Risks
6.5.2 Describe Responses to Key Assumptions and Risks
6.6 Describe Metrics
6.6.2 Describe metrics for growth
7. How to grow this business
8. How to improve upon this business.
We can make Nigeria great.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 04:40 PM by Victor.)

PLACEHOLDER FOR ENTIRE MODEL.
1. DESCRIBE THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
For 5 litres of the Zobo drink
*. Wash all Ingredients, especially the Zobo leaves repeatedly.
*. Peel and cut the pineapple, ginger and garlic.
*. Cook the Zobo leaves, pineapple, ginger and/or garlic with enough water at medium to high heat and let it boil for about 30 minutes.
*. Allow to cool.
*. After cooling, separate the solids(leaves, pineapples, squeeze when necessary) from the liquid.
*. Remove tiniest particles by sieving.
*. (Optional) Add sweetener and stir.
*. Drink Ready

2. LIST THE INGREDIENTS USED
2 De Rica* cups of dry Zobo leaves(dried roselle or sorrel leaves (Hibiscus Sabdariffa))
1 glove of garlic
1 big piece of ginger
1 big very ripe pineapple
(Optional)Sweetener eg Sugar
(Optional) Citrus fruits, Honey, Cinnamon, Pepper etc
Enough water

3. LIST THE EQUIPMENTS USED
Pots
Sieve
Cooker
Turner/Spoon
Knife

4. QUANTIFY INGREDIENTS PER PRODUCED AMOUNT

5. COST INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENTS

6. BUSINESS PLAN
6.1 Opportunity
6.2 Execution
6.3 Management
6.4 Finances
6.5 Key Assumptions/Metrics
6.6 Metrics

Concerning Tasks 4 & 5, I hope to be getting some useful data from someone in this business. If you know how to do this you can also post. In the mean time, let us work on the Business Plan.

Personally this seems to be viable, I'll give reasons but please it's just what I think though, personally I get a can of zobo everyday and I've got to notice that the lady that sells this Zobo sells about 100 cans in an hour. 

One way to make this work better is having our own label, something more like a brand as most people tend to work well with brands. 
Get a brand, produce in large scale and if peradventure there's a way to make zobo last longer, we employ that method and produce large scale with high nutritional value and sell at cheaper rates to suppliers, 

People will consider it due to 2 reasons, 
1. It's cheaper than most soft drinks and furthermore it's nutritional. 
2. It is a brand different from the ones we have locally. 

We this we would be able to tell every part of the country how good zobo just might be

Yes, this are very strong points, let me summarize yours if possible and add some more
1. Ease of sale/Market Friendly
2. Cheaper cost
3. Nutritional Value
4. Encourages local drink production content(as compared to foreign drinks firmly occupying the soft drink market)
I believe there are still some more, perhaps we will update them later as they come along. Preservation is indeed a challenge and we will work on that actively when we are considering the core problems Zobo production faces. Right now let's see if we can describe how a "normal" Zobo business is run.

(07-01-2019, 09:41 PM)D greatest Wrote: Personally this seems to be viable, I'll give reasons but please it's just what I think though, personally I get a can of zobo everyday and I've got to notice that the lady that sells this Zobo sells about 100 cans in an hour. 

One way to make this work better is having our own label, something more like a brand as most people tend to work well with brands. 
Get a brand, produce in large scale and if peradventure there's a way to make zobo last longer, we employ that method and produce large scale with high nutritional value and sell at cheaper rates to suppliers, 

People will consider it due to 2 reasons, 
1. It's cheaper than most soft drinks and furthermore it's nutritional. 
2. It is a brand different from the ones we have locally. 

We this we would be able to tell every part of the country how good zobo just might be