Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account     or connect with   Facebook   or  Twitter

Direction of State Development

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 02:44 PM by Victor.)

State development is a matter of great importance as it is the tool that enables a state to grow and improve on its preexisting structure. So here we want to carefully note and discuss on the direction of development of Nigerian states.
We can make Nigeria great.

I do get what you mean. Though we have 37 distinct states in Nigeria and determining the over-arching theme of a State without the individual consent of the greater majority of the individuals is not workable.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 02:00 PM by Victor.)

You are right. We are not enforcing anything on anyone we are showing all workable possibilities and directions to choose from. And yes we are looking at this things from both a general perspective and an individual perspective.

GENERAL STATES: 
Lets note exactly what states in general ought develops towards.

I would say TOURISM development, though as tourism is not really something which can be easily compelled and ascertained. I would say that this should be considered somewhat as general development occurs.

Yes, you've described it brilliantly. Agricultural developments and all manner of innovations as regards its efficiency should be seriously considered by states. Brilliant and lets keep it coming guys.

Hello everyone, a contribution would be INDUSTRIAL development, I believe that if the Federal Government is able to work effectively with the state government on this, minimalizing the importations of certain goods with the hopes that the other quotas are capable of being supplied by local industries.

You have a strong point there Chizzy but now that you mention that I would also add Energy development. The state governments must also work on improving their capacity, generation ability and distribution if energy.

So why don't we look into that instead?

Not in this thread, perhaps that will be discussed at another thread but here we want to as can be seen from above note all directions for state development not how to achieve that. Thanks for your cooperating.

We know that several states in Nigeria are blessed with Mining, so development centered on the extraction of these Natural resources should be considered.